Today I would like to share what the famous best-selling author, speaker, poet and lyricist Denis Waitley has to say about greatness of life. Through his The Seeds of Greatness Treasury, somehow I was reminded that I’d better transplant these seeds of greatness in my daily life:
- Simplify our lives. Stop collecting. Start celebrating for no apparent reason.
- Gather memories instead of memorabilia.
- Do some genealogy about our family ancestors. What were their lives like? What soul-deep legacy, if any, did they pass on to us? What did we learn and love most about our parents and grandparents?
- What will we gladly give up to improve the quality of our lives?
- What will we never give up, no matter what?
- Dream as if we had forever. Live as if this was the only day.
- Don’t just treat everyone the way we want to be treated. Treat everyone the way they should be treated to believe they can reach their full potential, based upon their own beliefs and heritage.
- Never judge a person by her cow-dung house. She may be healthier, happier and wiser than us, and probably is.
- It’s not nice to fool with Mother Nature.
- Love what you have, even if you don’t have all that you’d love.
- We are all different, on a safari heading in the same direction.
Make sense, right?
So… shall we?